Stacia Kissick Jones
Film critic and historian, writer, occasional editor
Director of Film and New Releases, Critic at Next Projection
Full-time loudmouthed broad
She Blogged By Night started in 2007 as a personal blog where I jabbered on about classic films and TCM and my occasional find of some near-unwatchable copy of a film everyone else thought was lost. Over the years, it has morphed into my official home base on the internet, no longer just for classic film posts but also a place for reviews of recent release foreign, low budget and independent films. There is also plenty of talk about my various projects here, not all of which are film-based nowadays, plus bad movie serial recaps for the more discerning blog reader. A brief SBBN FAQ can be found at the end of this page.
The unofficial goal of SBBN is to conquer the world, just like Bela Lugosi in The Phantom Creeps only with a higher quality of henchmen, and toward that end, SBBN can be found on a gajillion social media and aggregator sites.
If you’re looking for a way to get notifications of new posts, try these:
* The official SBBN Facebook page is now open. Like it today!
* SBBN on Twitter
* My Google+ page which also updates automatically with each blog post.
* SBBN at Bloglovin
* Ye olde RSS feed for SBBN.
* On the Alltop feed. Control-F through their massive movies page to find SBBN.
* I also post to the SBBN official Tumblr, too, this doesn’t work so well as an aggregator because I also use the Tumblr for Old Hollywood photos and similar things.
If you’re interested in the movie articles and reviews I have published elsewhere, try these on for size:
* My articles at Next Projection.
* My ClassicFlix DVD reviews and articles for the Dark Cinema column. (The links sometimes do not work the first time, and you have to click again.)
* My reviews at Spectrum Culture.
* My OFCS profile.
Or, if you’re just interested in me because I’m so freakin’ fascinating:
* My Twitter. Be warned: I have opinions and say naughty words. I also do not talk much about movies, as I find the 140-character limit far too restrictive.
* If I’m not on Twitter, I’m at Flashbulb Moment, my vaguely Lester Bangs-themed Tumblr blog. (Occasionally NSFW.)
* My My Facebook page. I’m boring.
* My Letterboxd profile, where you can find my list of recently-watched films.
* And, finally, my About.Me page, where you can read all this junk again.
Questions? Comments? Screeners for review?
Email staciakj (at) outlook.com
CONTENT: The content on SBBN is intended to be generally safe for work, though I do have a tendency to use naughty words, and on rare occasions post a saucy photo or two. If anything goes beyond a PG-13 rating, I will tag it accordingly at the top of the post, along with spoiler warnings and trigger warnings, if any.
ARCHIVES: Archives can be found on the right sidebar of any post page. Note that you have to go out to an individual post or page; the archives aren’t on the front page.
COMMENTING: Please be courteous to other commenters, and try to avoid spoilers or label them as spoilers in your comment. As a general reminder: SBBN is not a public forum. Comments may or may not be turned off on any given post, and some comments may be deleted at my discretion.
PLAGIARISM: Spammers and other bloggers borrowing content from SBBN (and my Tumblr, as well as articles I’ve written for other outlets) have become an increasing problem over the last couple of years. It’s starting to become a problem simply due to the time it takes to deal with the issues and the headaches involved and, frequently, the angry replies from those who don’t like it when I find out they’ve been liberally borrowing from SBBN. I respectfully ask that anyone who uses content from SBBN, any of the outlets I write for, or even my Tumblr, please hat tip or link to it as a source. Thank you.