Hooray! The big day is here! Thanks to all of you for joining me for this week of fine Shatner-based products. It has been a hectic week but an absolute blast, and I hope you had as much fun as I did.
Wanting to find out who won the big giveaway? Check in early next week, when I will draw names for the winners!
Submissions for days 1-4 are on the master list now, and today’s will be added soon. If you don’t see your post either here or at the master list, tell me! I will be doing one final Shatnerthon post on Monday or Tuesday, so if there are stragglers or anyone I missed, there is time to catch up.
Today’s submissions are amazing. Hell, every day has had nothing but amazing entries from terrific bloggers. I thought I would get at least one joker with a quickie MS Paint stick figure drawing and “LOL KIRK” as a caption, but no, everything has been phenomenal. Again, thank you all, and thank you William Shatner, where ever you are.
- Allen Hefner, the Bit Part Blogger gives us a look at bit actors Mark Lenard and Persis Khambatta in ST:TMP.
- In a wonderful video entry, Francesca has given us a unique and fun look at TOS Captain Kirk featuring Walt Whitman’s celebration of the male body:
Check out her full entry at l’astronave with notes, as well as her sidebar with links to more of her glorious Star Trek fan videos.
- Ivan with two more great entries on early TV Shat: “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” and “12 O’Clock High.” I have not seen any of the episodes Ivan has written about, and while I’ve read all his other entries with gusto, I didn’t want to get spoiled for this UNCLE episode: It’s the one with Shatner and Nimoy.
- Judy at Costume Drama Reviews (as well as Movie Classics) writes about the 1978 “Little Women” mini series starring Susan Dey, Meredith Baxter-Birney, and William Shatner. An excellent review and some really nice screencaps — jealousy-inspiring, actually.
- J. Kingston Pierce, editor of the amazing blog The Rap Sheet, has written an absolutely terrific article on “The Barbary Coast,” a short-lived 1975 series starring Shatner and Doug McClure. Very highly recommended!
- Margaret at the lovely Smoothable with a delightful entry combining William Shatner and Wendell Berry. Absolutely charming.
- Peteski at This Isn’t Happiness is drawing a blank.
- Sci-Fi Fanatic has a truly excellent review of Captain Kirk’s Guide To Women by John “Bones” Rodriguez, with a bonus comment from the author himself! Learn how to mack the Captain Kirk way.
- Tracy Dolphin of Wickedlady Collectibles pointed out that one of William Shatner’s jackets from “Wrath of Khan” is up for auction at Heritage Auction Galleries. This reminds me that some Star Trek items were also for sale recently at Profiles in History.
- W.B. Kelso with vintage newspaper ads for “The Devil’s Rain”! Also, buy one hot dog, get one free.
- W.B. again at Micro Brewed Reviews with a review of the good-twin-evil-twin “White Comanche”, starring William Shatner and William Shatner. You must read WB’s assessment of Shatner’s portrayal of the half-Comanche half-White twin Notah Moon.
See you after the weekend!