A few things, then some pretty pretty pictures.
Do you love flappers? Sure, we all do! That’s why I want to direct you to Flapperdoodle Kate’s sale at Etsy: Until January 21, she is selling her mini-prints for $1 each. One. Dollar. Her art is amazing and her flappers are adorable, so $1 for a 4×6 print is a huge steal. HUGE. Do not miss this sale!
Next, I want to thank Aleata at GoreGoreDancer Movie Reviews and Ivan at Thrilling Days of Yesteryear for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. UPDATE: Princess Fire and Music also nominated me, and I’m a big hairy toad for not noticing it earlier. Thank you!
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. Check.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. Check.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. Check.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. Okay, here goes:
* I used to play Spanish-Classical guitar and even won a full ride scholarship to Northwestern. The scholarship didn’t include room and board, and I was slightly disowned by my parents at the time, so I didn’t go.
* Online (and in real life when I can get away with it) I refuse to name what high school I went to because I don’t want anyone from there finding me.
* I rarely watch TV, only TCM and my DVDs, and I haven’t been to a movie in the theatre since “Snakes on a Plane”.
* I’m a really good cook, but I can’t bake worth a damn.
* My favorite holiday is Halloween.
* I’ve been to dozens of funerals but never to a wedding.
* When I opened my RSS reader tonight, I had over 1000 posts to read.
5. Nominate 7 Kreative Bloggers. Sure, but with the caveat that no one is required to do this if they don’t want to:
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. Check.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated. Can do.
And now, some lovely Alice White to start your week off right. She posed in some of the art deco-eist settings ever, and I love her for it.